Advanced Airway/Otorhinolaryngology Fellowship
The Department of Anesthesiology is excited to offer a collaborative Advanced Airway/Otorhinolaryngology fellowship—the only one of its kind on the East Coast. At the conclusion of the year, the fellow is an expert in complex airway management with a command of subspecialty services and their implications in difficult airway management.
The fellowship position is open to candidates who have successfully completed residency training in an anesthesiology training program and who are Board eligible or certified in anesthesiology. We currently accept one fellow each year.
The fellow will be mentored by our attending anesthesiologists, who will guide them through a comprehensive range of cases including:
- Interventional Pulmonology
The fellow will complete rotations with otorhinolaryngology and interventional pulmonology.
Together with all fellows in the Department of Anesthesiology, the Advanced Airway Fellow will participate in monthly Fellows’ College lectures that cover a range of topics from risk management to the business of anesthesiology. The fellow will also participate in Grand Rounds, Journal Club, and teaching experiences with medical students and residents for a unique educational experience.
During their fellowship year, the fellow will attend two national meetings associated with airway management and become a member of the Society of Airway Management and the Society of Head and Neck Anesthesia. The fellow also has the opportunity to teach in a difficult airway workshop at the national level.
The fellow will work on the development and production of an Internal Review Board publication. They also have the opportunity to collaborate with our attending physicians on a variety of research projects. Previous research topics include the integration of ORL video of airway exam into EPIC and the development of an Airway APP for management of complex cases. Our fellows have also worked on numerous book chapters and completed national presentations on head and neck anesthesia.
Applying for the Fellowship in Advanced Airway/Otorhinolaryngology Fellowship
For application submissions, please contact the program administrator, Ms. Debbie Lopez, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested applicants should submit the following:
- A completed hard copy of the fellowship application with photo
- A current curriculum vitae
- A personal statement (1 page maximum)
- USMLE Board Scores
- Copies of in-training scores to date
- Three (3) letters of reference from current supervisors
- Final Transcript
- Dean’s Letter
For more information about the Advanced Airway /Otorhinolaryngology Fellowship, please contact our Program Director:
Tracey Straker, MD, MPH
Vice Chair of Clinical Operations, Department of Anesthesiology
Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology
Division Chief of General Anesthesia
Montefiore Medical Center
- Welcome Message from the Chair
- Services and Treatments
- Pain Management
Education and Training
- Message from the Residency Program Director
Fellowships in Anesthesiology
- Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology Fellowship Program
- Anesthesiology Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Program
- Obstetric Anesthesia Fellowship Program
- Pediatric Anesthesia
- Neuroanesthesia Fellowship Program
- Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain Medicine Fellowship
- Advanced Airway/Otorhinolaryngology Fellowship
- Sample Monthly Calendar
- Residency Rotations
- Meet our Residents and Fellows
- Observerships for Medical Students and External Residents
- Anesthesiology Research
- Locations & Contact
- Anesthesiology Newsletters