Montefiore in the Community
Montefiore provides healthcare services to more than two million people in the Bronx and Westchester. Dedicated to advancing the health of the entire community, we offer a number of resources and sponsor numerous innovative programs that address critical health issues on behalf of our residents.
The Montefiore Office of Community Health manages a number of different initiatives, including:
- Supporting and coordinating Montefiore’s diverse portfolio of community health improvement programs and activities.
- Enhancing Montefiore’s capacity to assess and measure the health needs of the communities it serves.
- Identifying and selecting a limited number of top-priority health needs in the communities Montefiore serves for specific focus.
- Leading and coordinating Montefiore-wide efforts and working with community partners to measurably improve the health of the communities we serve.
- The To Your Health! Community and Worksite Wellness Initiative seeks to reduce the growing burden of chronic diseases in our community through a number of public health programs to educate patients, visitors, staff and local residents on how to live healthier lives. Learn more about the To Your Health! Initiative.