Montefiore Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Our physical therapists evaluate and implement rehabilitation programs for people of all ages coping with physical limitations cause by injury, illness or surgery.
We use a wide variety of techniques individually tailored to meet your rehabilitative needs, help reduce pain, prevent further damage and restore maximum function for patients managing conditions including:
As part of the therapeutic process you will receive a range of treatments that may include:
- Manual therapy (hands-on mobilization of soft tissue)
- Therapeutic modalities, such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation and traction
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Gait Training
- Orthotic/prosthetic training
- Ongoing patient and family education
Widely recognized for its excellence in rehabilitation care, our department has been honored with the Outstanding Center for Physical Therapy Clinical Education Award from the New York/New Jersey Clinical Education Consortium. In addition, the majority of our physical therapists have received their clinical instructor credentialing form the American Physical Therapy Association.