Montefiore Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation
For many people, the nature of their illness, injury or surgery necessitates closely-supervised rehabilitation in a hospital setting for:
- Spinal cord disorders
- Neurological disease
- Vascular disease/amputation
- Cardiac disease
- Pulmonary disease
- Rheumatologic disease
- Orthopedic injury
When the need arises, rehabilitation specialists with the full-service, comprehensive rehabilitation program at our Wakefield Campus can help you successfully regain function in a smaller hospital setting that provides personalized, hands-on attention.
Comprehensive, Collaborative and Multi-Disciplinary Rehabilitative Care
Our team’s comprehensive, proactive and interdisciplinary approach is focused on being consistently sensitive to your needs. To help you return to an active, independent life as soon as possible, we also offer:
- A very low specialist to patient ratio.
- At least three hours of closely supervised therapy per day, five days per week.
- Regular team conferences and family meetings to determine optimal treatment and discharge plans, review progress and objectives, and address all ongoing needs, questions and concerns.
- Direct, immediate access to a full service, acute care hospital
- 24-hour in-house coverage by physiatrists
During your stay with us, your rehabilitation team will likely include physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, social workers and other members of our collaborative team of service providers. In many cases, our physiatrists will continue to treat you after your discharge to ensure a seamless continuum of care.