Montefiore Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Joint and soft tissue injections and peripheral nerve blocks can provide substantial relief, as well as increased mobility and range of motion to patients suffering with debilitating musculoskeletal pain.
The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation’s injection service provides both outpatient evaluation and treatment and inpatient consultation for musculoskeletal problems, including:
- Shoulder pain caused by tendonitis, bursitis, rotator cuff disease, arthritis or frozen shoulder.
- Tennis or golf elbow, olecranon bursitis, ulnar nerve entrapment.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome.
- DeQuervain's disease.
- Trigger finger, degenerative joint disease of small hand joints.
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction.
- Greater trochanteric or gluteal bursitis.
- Iliotibial band friction syndrome.
- Knee pain caused by knee arthritis or Pes Anserine bursitis.
- Plantar fasciitis.
- Myofascial pain (Trigger points).
- TMJ pain.