Montefiore Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Occupational therapists help adults and children regain normal physical function by providing evaluation, customized treatment and education, equipment/home environment assessment (if applicable) and follow-up management.
Our robust team of occupational therapists address the full spectrum of conditions and disorders including:
- Hand and Upper extremity injuries
- Developmental delays, such as Cerebral Palsy
- Cognitive disabilities
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Injuries to the muscles, ligaments and tendons
- Neurological disorders, such as Multiple Sclerosis
Our team of 29 highly trained occupational therapists treats patients on both an inpatient and outpatient basis.
Comprehensive, Customized Programs To Help You Achieve Independence
Our specialists concentrate not only on those activities that are necessary but also those that mean the most to you—from gardening or knitting to walking your dog or working on your computer.
We craft highly individualized treatment programs design to help you regain your independence and function. This process is quite comprehensive and incorporates:
- A detailed initial evaluation
- Therapeutic exercise programs
- Therapeutic exercise programs Training in compensatory techniques and new ways to complete tasks
- Therapeutic exercise programs Customized education
- Equipment, home and environment assessment
- Training in the use of adaptive equipment
Interdisciplinary Care and All Necessary Follow Up
To ensure seamless continuum of care, we offer long-term follow up and collaborate closely with physiatrists, physical therapists, primary care physicians and other specialists throughout the Montefiore system.