The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Women’s Health at Montefiore has an active and growing research enterprise encompassing a broad scope of women’s health issues, including:
The scope of our research programs encompasses health issues across a woman’s reproductive life—including her primary care, cancer prevention and treatment, mother-child health, sexual health, fertility and estrogen-dependent issues in menopause.
Our research mission—to provide our patients access to state-of-the-art clinical trials and pursue timely bench-to-bedside research to help improve the health and lives of women—is at the heart of all we do.
In the past decade, our Department’s research portfolio has undergone considerable growth. The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology & Women’s Health is currently:
- Nationally ranked in the top 25 institutions in National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding in obstetrics and gynecology.
- Home to a research portfolio that includes a mix of basic science, translational and clinical research.
- Offering about 80 patient-oriented active clinical research trials to offer to patients throughout the tri-state area.
- Investigating new pathways that have considerable potential to improve diseases that affect women, with a mix of trials including NIH-sponsored cooperative group trials, investigator-initiated clinical trials using innovative drugs and devices, as well as translational “bench-to-bed” research.
- Working closely with investigators in other departments and centers within Montefiore and Albert Einstein College of Medicine to approach comprehensive solutions to complex diseases through close cross-disciplinary activities.
We have developed an infrastructure that fosters and promotes creativity, innovation and transdisciplinary collaborations. We encourage the application of independent thinking and creativity in research as a means to solve some of the most complicated problems that affect women, allowing us to tackle issues in new and more innovative ways.
Our division demonstrates excellence in teaching, research and clinical practice, with faculty responsible for educating medical students, residents and postgraduate fellows. Our entire faculty is extremely active in clinical and translational research, with the complete spectrum of gynecologic oncology represented in these research efforts.
Services and Treatments
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fetal Medicine
- Family Planning and Birth Control
- Preconceptual Counseling and Testing
- Reproductive Genetics and Prenatal Genetic Testing
- Genetic Counseling
- Group Prenatal Care
- High-Risk Pregnancy
- Infertility - Reproductive Medicine
- Fibroid Center
- Menopause and Aging
- Programs and Services
- Meet the OB/GYN Team