About Fetal Medicine at Montefiore
For an expectant mother, few things are as worrisome as finding out their unborn child may need of medical care. But the good news is that many of the conditions once considered untreatable can now be addressed before the baby is born and some may even be corrected in utero—meaning help is available before your child is born.
The Fetal Medicine program works in partnership with The Children's Hospital at Montefiore, which for four years has ranked as one of "America's Best Children's Hospitals" and second in the New York metropolitan area.
Our Center is one of only a handful in the nation to provide:
- Comprehensive same day fetal diagnostic services, such as first-trimester fetal anatomy scans, fetal heart and brain ultrasonography, and a full range of prenatal genetic testing.
- Consultation and planning of care by fetal medicine specialists.
- In utero treatment of a range of conditions including fetal anemia, fetal arrhythmias, fetal urinary tract obstruction, fluid accumulation in the fetal chest and more.
- In utero surgical procedures,such as laser treatment for twin-to-twin transfusion.
We know you have questions. We offer consultations, second opinions, genetic counseling and diagnostic procedures as well as pediatric subspecialty consultation.
Because our mission is to diagnose fetal conditions and then bring together the best subspecialists from each field, all services are provided in our conveniently-located office in the Bronx and Southern Westchester County (Hartsdale, N.Y.)
Services and Treatments
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fetal Medicine
- Family Planning and Birth Control
- Preconceptual Counseling and Testing
- Reproductive Genetics and Prenatal Genetic Testing
- Genetic Counseling
- Group Prenatal Care
- High-Risk Pregnancy
- Infertility - Reproductive Medicine
- Fibroid Center
- Menopause and Aging
- Programs and Services
- Meet the OB/GYN Team