The Fetal Medicine Program at Montefiore
Offering Early Diagnosis—and More Time to Plan for Care
Time is everything for expectant parents in need of information. Our diagnosis rate of fetal anomalies is significantly higher than national rates. Additionally, many of our diagnoses are made within the first trimester, and almost all prior to 24 weeks.
This early diagnosis provides ample time for families to:
- Discuss, understand and emotionally grasp the findings.
- Begin working together with the fetal medicine and pediatric specialists.
- Make plans that sometimes involve complex procedures and/or deliveries.
New fetal evaluation and testing/genetic services play a large and important role. Physicians can now detect hundreds of genetic syndromes early in pregnancy, using an innovative technique called chromosomal microarray analysis.
Learn more about new approaches to genetic testing:
Services and Treatments
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fetal Medicine
- Family Planning and Birth Control
- Preconceptual Counseling and Testing
- Reproductive Genetics and Prenatal Genetic Testing
- Genetic Counseling
- Group Prenatal Care
- High-Risk Pregnancy
- Infertility - Reproductive Medicine
- Fibroid Center
- Menopause and Aging
- Programs and Services
- Meet the OB/GYN Team