Family and Social Medicine - Residency Program Tracks - Primary Care and Social Internal Medicine - New York City - Montefiore Medical Center
The Residency Program in Primary Care and Social Internal Medicine trains exceptional general internists to provide care to marginalized and underserved populations. With a focus on community-oriented primary care, our program offers trainees innovative, patient-based and learner-centered education through:
- Comprehensive clinical and curricular experiences in inpatient and ambulatory medicine
- Behavioral medicine
- Clinical epidemiology
- Clinical reasoning
- Community-oriented primary care
- Global health and human rights
Side-by-side with faculty, our residents provide care to an indigent urban and immigrant community at the Montefiore Comprehensive Health Care Center (CHCC), a federally qualified community health center in the South Bronx.
With mentorship and role modeling from a faculty dedicated to the program's mission, residents participate in community and health center-based advocacy, service, and research projects to improve the health of our patients.
- Department Overview
- Patient-Centered Medical Home Model of Care
- Services and Treatments
- Research and Clinical Trials
- Calendar of Events
- Professional Training Programs