Family and Social Medicine
How to Apply
The Monte HOP Program is open to the following:
- A graduating high school senior or college freshman/sophomore
- A U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
- A person considered economically or educationally disadvantaged and/or from groups considered underrepresented in the health industry
- Able to commute easily to all program/clinic sites (housing is not available)
- Commit to participate in all activities of the program
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
Please read application in its entirety.
Program Description: MonteHOP is a summer enrichment program for students from economically or educationally disadvantaged backgrounds and/or from groups typically considered underrepresented in the healthcare fields. The goal of the program is to promote, educate and encourage to pursue healthcare careers. Students will gain valuable knowledge and professional skills through mentorship by health care professionals and medical students, lectures and workshops on various health topics, as well as through formal student-led presentations and independent learning.
Eligibility Criteria (must be):
- Graduating High School Senior or College Freshman/Sophomore/Juniors
- A U.S. citizen or a Permanent Resident
- From a group considered economically or educationally disadvantaged and/or from groups considered underrepresented in the health fields
- Able and willing to commit to participating in all program activities (absences and lateness are not acceptable)
- Formal program dates: July 5- August 9, 2023
- Orientation: July 5, 2023
Students who complete their applications by March 15, 2023 are more likely
to receive an interview.
Please use below link for contact information if you have any questions.
Application link: https://forms.gle/3qMV5GVb3njbf7e28