Family and Social Medicine
How to Apply
The Monte HOP Program is open to the following:
- A graduating high school senior or college freshman/sophomore
- A U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
- A person considered economically or educationally disadvantaged and/or from groups considered underrepresented in the health industry
- Able to commute easily to all program/clinic sites (housing is not available)
- Commit to participate in all activities of the program on a daily basis
The 2018 Program Year
Orientation: July 2, 2018, 9 am - 5 pm
Program Length: July 2, 2018 through August 10, 2018, Monday through Friday (Click for sample schedule)
Class Length: Classes run from 8 am to 5 pm with some sessions running until 7 pm
Application Deadline: April 13, 2018*
Applicants are urged to submit all materials as soon as possible, as some slots may be filled prior to the deadline.
Please mail application materials to:
Department of Family & Social Medicine, 2nd Floor
3544 Jerome Avenue
Bronx, N.Y. 10467
Attention: Ms. Carol Whittaker, Program Manager
*All mailed applications must be postmarked by April 13, 2018.
Upon going through the applications, interviews will be scheduled in end of April 2018.