Family and Social Medicine - Residency Program Tracks - Family Medicine - New York City - Montefiore Medical Center
The Family Medicine Residency Training Program is an innovative, developmental curriculum that integrates behavioral science, social medicine and community involvement. This track trains family physicians who excel in providing the highest quality clinical care. The program's goal is to train family physicians prepared to meet the needs of diverse, urban underserved patients and communities and to be leaders, scholars, teachers and advocates for health equality and social change.
Residents practice at two Montefiore Medical Group sites:
- The Family Health Center, a federally-funded community health center in the mid-Bronx serving primarily Latinos, African-Americans and Southeast Asians with a significant population of new immigrants;
- Williamsbridge Family Practice, serving predominantly working-class Caribbean Americans and other immigrant populations in the Northeast Bronx.
For more detailed information on the program, please visit the Albert Einstein College of Medicine:
- Department Overview
- Patient-Centered Medical Home Model of Care
- Services and Treatments
- Research and Clinical Trials
- Calendar of Events
- Professional Training Programs