The Montefiore Adult Congenital Heart Disease (MAtCH) Program
Congenital heart defects are the most common type of birth defect; more than 35,000 babies in the United States are born with congenital heart defects, according to the National Institutes of Health. Thankfully, advances in cardiology and cardiac surgery have led to a greater than 90% survival rate.
But even children who get immediate treatment require highly—specialized care throughout their lifetimes.
We created the Montefiore Adult Congenital Heart Disease (MAtCH) Program in 2009 with our patients in mind. This comprehensive program—the only one of its kind in the New York Metropolitan area—provides seamless, integrative and multidisciplinary health care for children, adolescents and adults living with congenital heart disease.
We invite you to watch, “Living With CHD: Rick." Ali N. Zaidi, MD our ACHD Program Director worked with the Boston Children’s Surgical Program and the American Congenital Heart Association on this compelling patient advocacy video.
The MAtCH program is a unique collaboration of a specialized team led by our internationally—recognized adult congenital heart disease cardiologist, Ali N. Zaidi, MD, and a team of experts with the Montefiore Einstein Center for Heart and Vascular Care, working in close collaboration with:
- Maternal fetal medicine specialists;
- Pediatric cardiac surgeons;
- Congenital cardiothoracic surgeons;
- Dedicated structural interventionists and electrophysiologists;
- Cardiac anesthesiologists;
- Critical care physicians; and
- Advanced cardiac imagers.
Defining the Highest Standard of Care for Adult Congenital Heart Disease
Our team of internationally—renowned cardiac specialists have extensive experience and expertise about the more than 20 types of congenital heart conditions. Their intimate understanding of the full host of services and treatments available today is uniquely designed to help MAtCH program patients:
- Maintain continuity when moving from pediatric care to adult care. Our Transition Program—offered in collaboration with pediatric CHD specialists with the Pediatric Heart Center Children’s Hospital at Montefiore—gives teenagers and young adults with CHD the expertise and resources needed to take control of their long—term healthcare.
- Mitigate potential risks and complications for pregnant women with adult congenital heart disease by partnering with Montefiore’s Division of Maternal—Fetal Medicine team to draw upon their distinctive knowledge, understanding and research.
- Capitalize on the broad—based knowledge available only at the Montefiore Einstein Center for Heart and Vascular Care; one of only a handful of the nation’s heart and vascular programs with the capabilities, expertise, experience and patient outcomes indicative of a leader in cardiovascular excellence.
Learn More About the MAtCH Program
Feel free to contact us or call 718-920-5882 for answers to any questions about our program.
- Clinical Cardiology
- Diseases and Conditions
Services and Treatments
- Montefiore Advanced Lung Disease Program
- The James Scheuer, MD Division of Cardiology
- Diagnostic Tests for Heart and Vascular Disease
- Treatments/Procedures for Heart and Vascular Disease
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Comprehensive Heart Valve Repair Program
- Tarrytown Cardiology Associates
- Bronx Medical Cardiac
- New Rochelle Cardiology
- Montefiore Einstein Pulmonary Hypertension Program
- Heart and Vascular Disease Prevention and Wellness
- Research and Clinical Trials
- About Us
- Support the Heart and Vascular Center