University Avenue Family Practice
105 West 188th Street
Bronx, NY 10468
Specialties: Gynecology, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics, Pediatrics
Hours of Operation
M, TH: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
T, W: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
F: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sat (1st and 3rd): 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Marisol Nixon, Administrator
Robert Clarick, MD, Medical Director
University Avenue Family Practice has provided excellent healthcare services for children and adults for more than a decade. Through personal attention and a family-centered approach, we strive to meet the needs of our surrounding community.
Making It Easier For You
In addition to superior medical care, we also offer:
- Same-day sick appointments (please call ahead)
- Convenient hours and a 24-hour answering service
- On-site laboratory and pharmacy
- Staff social worker who offers psychotherapy services, HIV counseling and referrals to managed care plans, government programs and home care services
- Orientation program providing expectant parents the opportunity to tour our facility and meet our pediatricians
- Bilingual staff who speak fluent English and Spanish and who can accommodate any other language needs through an extensive translation service
- Referrals for home healthcare when necessary
- Services for hearing and visually impaired patients
The Benefits of Choosing MMG
Choosing an MMG doctor means you gain access to Montefiore Medical Center and its extensive range of specialty services for your entire family. Our physicians are on the staff of Montefiore Medical Center, the University Hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine. We treat all major illnesses in a family-centered, compassionate environment.
Bronx Community Health Network
University Avenue Family Practice is one of the MMG sites that is a member of the Bronx Community Health Network (BCHN), a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). BCHN-sponsored FQHCs provide access to affordable, quality, comprehensive health care including dental, mental health, social work, nutrition, health education and pharmacy services. A team of healthcare professionals work together to offer an integrated system of care that ensures collaboration among all of a patient’s medical providers. No one is refused care because of inability to pay. Learn more about BCHN’s mission and its member health centers.
Montefiore Medical Group University Avenue Family Practice is conveniently located in the University Heights section of the Bronx. We are on the corner of University Avenue and Father Zeiser Place, directly across from Devoe Park. It is easily accessible by car and public transportation.
Take the Bx3 or Bx12.
Take the No. 4 train to Fordham Road or Kingsbridge Road.
We are accessible from the I-87 (Major Deegan Expressway). Street parking is available. Call for detailed directions.