Our Emergency Medicine Residency program is a rigorous and dynamic four-year training program. Upon graduation, our residents are uniquely prepared to excel in any clinical setting, as they join the large, prestigious network of our program's alumni.
Your training will be divided between:
- Montefiore Medical Center—Moses, a high-volume urban tertiary care center ranked as one of the top 10 busiest EDs in the nation and the most active in the New York region.
- Jacobi Medical Center, a large, urban city hospital and Level 1 Trauma Center, regional snakebite center and hyperbaric referral center, dedicated to providing exceptional care to its surrounding community.
- Montefiore Medical Center—Einstein, a large community hospital, with a high-volume ob/gyn service as well as exceptional primary care services.
Our residents gain valuable experience with:
- Point-of-care ultrasound
- Medical simulation
- Evidence-based medicine (EBM)
Our program is also closely affiliated with Children's Hospital at Montefiore, a premier tertiary-care children's hospital. Through Jacobi's Level 1 Trauma Pediatric ED and CHAM's Pediatric ED, you will receive exceptional training in a wide range of pediatric emergencies.
In fact, the ED at CHAM is one of the busiest pediatric emergency departments in the Northeast, caring for approximately 60,000 children each year. And the Jacobi Pediatric ED is the only Pediatric Trauma Center for the Bronx and southern Westchester, and the busiest in the NYC region. Our pediatric faculty is one of the largest groups of fellowship-trained and sub-board-certified emergency medicine physicians on the East Coast. Training involves dual fellowships at each institution, including the first Pediatric EM fellowship in the country at Jacobi Medical Center.
- What to Expect in the ER
- Research and Clinical Trials
- Professional Training Programs