Comprehensive Heart Valve Repair Program - Treatment and Management of Heart Valve Disease - Interventional Procedures - New York - Montefiore Medical Center
At the Montefiore Comprehensive Heart Valve Repair Program, interventional cardiologists offer superior, patient-centered treatment for individuals with complex valve disease. Highly regarded in the field for their skill and expertise, the program's interventional cardiologists consistently integrate the latest techniques and technology when treating valve patients. Senior cardiologists and surgeons at the Heart Valve Repair Program hold regular conferences in which they closely review patient cases to ensure that patients are receiving the optimal treatment for their condition. This collaboration among Heart Valve Repair Program specialists has led to improved survival rates among complex, high-risk cases.
A Host of Treatment Options for a Diverse Patient Population
The minimally invasive nature of interventional procedures make them ideally suited for most patients, including those who are at high risk due to age, weak cardiac function, chronic illness or other comorbidities. Cardiologists at the Heart Valve Repair Program offer the most advanced percutaneous procedures for complex valve disease as well as the management of rhythm disorders and other cardiac conditions that can exist in this high-risk patient population.
Additionally, the Heart Valve Repair Program plays a national leadership role in major clinical trials to evaluate and refine interventional procedures for the treatment of valve disease. Our program is one of the few in the country that works in collaboration with adult congenital heart disease specialists and pediatric interventional cardiologists to optimize the management of patients with complex structural congenital valve disease.
Advanced Capabilities for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Valve Disease
We treat patients who require an interventional procedure, such as valvuloplasty, are treated our Moses and Weiler Divisions. The cardiac catheterization laboratories at both locations are outfitted with the most advanced technology to enhance the ability of physicians to diagnose and conduct a wide range of sophisticated, minimally invasive procedures. Combined, these two laboratories perform valve interventions and more than 25,000 total procedures each year.
Montefiore's cardiac catheterization laboratories offer:
- Superior visualization tools that provide increased peripheral and stent views
- The ability to minimize radiation exposure without compromising image and quality
- Flat-panel monitoring equipment and flexible instruments that allow greater accessibility to the patient
- A biplane system that allows more efficient performance with lower amount of contrast material and use of radiation, which is critical for younger patients and those with congenital heart disease
- Capabilities for both cardiac and vascular studies
- Clinical Cardiology
- Diseases and Conditions
Services and Treatments
- Montefiore Advanced Lung Disease Program
- The James Scheuer, MD Division of Cardiology
- Diagnostic Tests for Heart and Vascular Disease
- Treatments/Procedures for Heart and Vascular Disease
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Comprehensive Heart Valve Repair Program
- Tarrytown Cardiology Associates
- Bronx Medical Cardiac
- New Rochelle Cardiology
- Montefiore Einstein Pulmonary Hypertension Program
- Heart and Vascular Disease Prevention and Wellness
- Research and Clinical Trials
- About Us
- Support the Heart and Vascular Center