Community - Volunteer - Bronx, New York City - Montefiore Medical Center
Montefiore Medical Center values the compassion and important contributions of our volunteers. Their dedicated support is a vital part of our commitment to exceptional care. More than 550 individuals from across the New York metropolitan area volunteer an average of twice a week. Many families and corporate volunteers donate their services to special projects and events.
Learning Opportunities for All Ages
People of all ages and walks of life are among the hundreds of volunteers that we welcome each year. Montefiore's state-of-the-art facilities create a dynamic learning environment for those who want to gain experience or share their time and knowledge with others.
Volunteers at Montefiore work in both patient and non-patient settings in more than 200 departments. Every effort is made to match each individual with an appropriate and satisfying assignment.
Our volunteers are appreciated and highly valued. Every April, we recognize the outstanding service of volunteers during National Volunteer Week.
Requirements for Becoming a Volunteer
Montefiore seeks volunteers who meet the following requirements:
- Commitment: Volunteers must commit to a minimum of 100 hours of service. To ensure the volunteer time is productive, individuals should be able to work at least four hours per session.
- Age: Volunteers must be 16 years or older. We welcome volunteers of all educational levels and stages of life.
- Screening process: All volunteers are carefully screened and thoroughly trained to ensure the health, safety and privacy of our patients. Potential volunteers must complete an application online and may be invited to complete a video interview.
We hope that you will consider this unique opportunity to help individuals in need and to become a part of the extraordinary team of volunteers at Montefiore.
Summer Volunteer Opportunities
Students ages 16+ are invited to apply and volunteer at Montefiore during their summer break. Volunteering during the summer gives students an opportunity to immerse themselves in a clinical setting. The registration and onboarding period takes place in late winter/early spring. There are many opportunities to volunteer in several departments across all three hospital campuses and health centers. The summer session runs between the months of June and September.
Summer 2023 Application Deadline
- April 14, 2023 – For college students that would to like start in June.
- May 15, 2023 – For students that would like to start in July.
Summer 2023 Application Links:
- High School Students - Career Opportunities: High School Volunteer - Summer 2023 (210654)
- College Students - Career Opportunities: College Student Volunteer - Summer 2023 (210653)
We partner with SYEP and 1199 Youth Mentoring Program for summer youth opportunities. Our exclusive SYEP provider is Children Arts & Sciences Workshop
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at Montefiore Medical Center.
Please complete our Volunteer Application. Once complete, we will invite you to submit a video interview to help us match you with an assignment. Matches are made based on skills, interest and availability.