St. Luke's-Roosevelt - Third Year
This is a PGY-6 or a PGY-8 rotation intended to give residents a three-month senior plastic surgery experience at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Medical Center.
The goals of this rotation are for the chief resident to:
Participate in a uniquely busy and diverse hand and wrist practice.
Have senior level operative experience in plastic surgery cases.
Have the ability to be in charge of plastic surgery patients.
At the conclusion of the rotation, the chief resident should show competence and expertise in:
- Surgery of the hand/upper extremities.
- Plastic surgery of the lower extremities.
- Microsurgical techniques applicable to plastic surgery.
- Reconstruction by tissue transfer, including flaps and grafts.
- Surgery of benign and malignant lesions of the skin and soft tissues.