Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery - Second Year
This is a PGY-5 or a PGY-7 rotation providing residents with a one-month Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery experience.
The goals of this rotation are:
- Develop a thorough understanding of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- To become familiar with the oral surgery evaluation of common problems in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- To expose the plastic surgery resident to evaluation and treatment of patients with oral and maxillofacial pathology.
- To participate in the treatment and operative procedures of patients with oral and maxillofacial problems, as well as with reconstructive options in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
The evaluation, work-up and management of the orthognatic patient.
The techniques of making splints, dental molds, and planning surgery.
Services and Treatments
- Breast Surgery
- General Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Adolescent Bariatric Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Transplant Surgery
- Research and Clinical Trials
- Meet the Surgery Team