Moses - First Year
This is a PGY-4 or a PGY-6 rotation providing residents with a three-month plastic surgery experience. The Moses campus provides both junior and senior-level operative experience in plastic surgery cases. The residents are exposed to their own patients in the clinic population that provides a broad range of reconstructive patients, as well as a strong source of aesthetic, hand, craniofacial and microsurgery plastic surgery cases of all varieties.
The goals of this rotation are:
- To participate in a sophisticated university-based plastic surgery team that includes a uniquely diverse and busy pediatric plastic surgery practice at its Children’s Hospital, as well as complex head and neck, extremity and peripheral nerve reconstructions.
- To learn to evaluate plastic surgery patients.
- To learn management of plastic surgery patients on the wards.
- To learn management of the post-operative patient.
- To have introductory level operative experience in plastic surgery cases.
- To participate in all seminars, lectures and conferences conducted by the Division of Plastic Surgery.
- To work under the direction of the Chief Resident to facilitate all of the above.
- To learn from and participate in the care of emergency cases in one of the busiest emergency departments in the country.
At the conclusion of the rotation, the resident should have an understanding of:
- Congenital defects of the head and neck, including clefts of the lip and palate, and craniofacial surgery.
- Neoplasms of the head and neck, including the oropharynx, and the importance of endoscopy in the management of these cases.
- Craniomaxillofacial trauma, including fractures.
- Aesthetic (cosmetic) surgery of the head and neck, trunk, and extremities.
- Plastic surgery of the breast.
- Surgery of the hand/upper extremities.
- Plastic surgery of the lower extremities.
- Plastic surgery of congenital and acquired defects of the trunk and genitalia.
- Microsurgical techniques applicable to plastic surgery.
- Reconstruction by tissue transfer, including flaps and grafts.
- Surgery of benign and malignant lesions of the skin and soft tissues.
Services and Treatments
- Breast Surgery
- General Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Adolescent Bariatric Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Transplant Surgery
- Research and Clinical Trials
- Meet the Surgery Team