Burn - First Year
This is a PGY-4 or a PGY-6 rotation intended to give all residents a one-month experience at the burn unit at Jacobi Medical Center.
The goals of the rotation are for the residents:
- To learn management of burn patients in outpatient and in-patient setting.
- To learn evaluation of depth of burns.
- To learn techniques of wound coverage.
- To learn fluid resuscitation techniques.
- To learn techniques of reconstructive surgery for burn patients.
At the conclusion of the rotation, residents should be able to demonstrate an investigative and analytic approach to clinical situations, and to know and apply the basic and clinically supportive sciences that are appropriate to the discipline.
Services and Treatments
- Breast Surgery
- General Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Adolescent Bariatric Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Transplant Surgery
- Research and Clinical Trials
- Meet the Surgery Team