Beth Israel Medical Center - Third Year
This is a PGY-6 or a PGY-8 rotation intended to give residents a three-month plastic surgery experience at Beth Israel Medical Center.
The goals of the rotation are for the chief resident to develop senior level operative competence in plastic surgery cases, and to work closely with plastic surgeons with busy practices in cosmetic surgery as well as head and neck, and breast reconstruction.
At the conclusion of the rotation, the chief resident should show competence and expertise in:
- Congenital defects of the head and neck.
- Neoplasms of the head and neck, including the oropharynx, and the importance of endoscopy in the management of these cases.
- Aesthetic (cosmetic) surgery of the head and neck, trunk, and extremities.
- Plastic surgery of the breast.
- Plastic surgery of congenital and acquired defects of the trunk and genitalia.
- Microsurgical techniques applicable to plastic surgery.
- Reconstruction by tissue transfer, including flaps and grafts.
- Surgery of benign and malignant lesions of the skin and soft tissues.
Services and Treatments
- Breast Surgery
- General Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Adolescent Bariatric Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Transplant Surgery
- Research and Clinical Trials
- Meet the Surgery Team