Your doctor can see you at home with a Montefiore FIRST Doctor Video Visit.
We use the most highly developed procedures to treat patients of all ages suffering from complex life-threatening neurovascular conditions.
The Montefiore Neurovascular Center team comprises the highest caliber neurosurgeons, vascular neurologists and neuroradiologists. Our multidisciplinary team possesses advanced fellowship training, experience and expertise in the latest technology and techniques for treating conditions, including strokes, aneurysms and vascular malformations.
Prestigious Comprehensive Stroke Center (CSC) Designation
Montefiore is the only medical center in Westchester and the Bronx with the prestigious CSC designation. We are also one of only three medical centers in the New York metropolitan area to offer state-of-the-art services for complex cases.
Always Nearby, Always On Call
Our Neurovascular Program offers a complete array of contemporary surgical solutions, including endovascular, open and hybrid, all in one convenient community setting. When necessary, these services are available at a moment's notice to ensure the highest quality of care possible right when it’s needed most.
The Montefiore Neurovascular Center delivers positive health outcomes through the combined collaboration of our talented physicians, surgeons, nurses and other specialists.
Neurosurgical Team Leader
Neurophysiologic Monitoring: Alan D. Legatt, MD
Conditions We Treat
Our neurovascular team treats a variety of conditions, a selection of which you will find listed below. In addition to these, we have experience in treating many other conditions. Please contact us today to schedule a consultation so that we can review and discuss your specific healthcare needs.
- Arteriovenous malformation (AVM) of the brain and spine
- Arterial dissection
- Arteriovenous fistula
- Brain hemorrhage
- Carotid artery stenosis
- Carotid dissection
- Cavernous carotid fistula
- Cavernous malformation
- Cerebral vasospasm
- Dural fistula
- Head and neck cancer
- Intracranial atherosclerosis
- Intractable migraine headache disorder
- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension (pseudotumor cerebri)
- Moyamoya disease
- Subclavian steal syndrome
- Vascular tumors
- Vein of Galen malformation
- Venous sinus stenosis
- Venous thrombosis
- Venous/lymphatic malformations of the head and neck
- Vertebral dissection
Treatments We Offer
Treatment plans are designed to maximize our patients’ care, returning them to health as quickly as possible. For those seeking further information, we have included a few examples of the treatments we offer at the Montefiore Neurovascular Center.
- Aneurysm clipping
- Aneurysm coiling
- Balloon angioplasty for cerebral vasospasm
- Balloon test occlusion for head and neck cancer or giant intracranial aneurysms
- Carotid endarterectomy for carotid stenosis
- Diagnostic angiography
- Embolization for epistaxis
- Encephaloduroarteriosynangiosis (EDAS) procedure for Moyamoya disease
- Endovascular diagnostic testing for migraine headache disorder
- Endovascular treatment of aneurysm
- Endovascular treatment of arteriovenous malformations
- Endovascular treatment of brain and spine arteriovenous malformations
- Endovascular treatment of carotid stenosis
- Endovascular treatment of dural arterial-venous malformations
- Endovascular treatment of stroke
- Extracranial-intracranial (EC-IC) bypass for Moyamoya disease and giant intracranial aneurysms
- Intra-arterial chemotherapy
- Pipeline flow-diverter stent
- Preoperative embolization for vascular tumors
- Sclerotherapy for lymphatic and venous malformations of the head and neck
- Stenting for aneurysms
- Stenting for carotid artery disease
- Stenting for idiopathic intracranial hypertension
- Stenting for intracranial atherosclerosis
- Stenting for venous sinus stenosis
- Stereotactic radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations
- Surgical removal of arteriovenous malformations
- Wada testing for tumors and seizures
Montefiore embraces a collaborative approach.
For patient referrals or consultations,
please contact us at 718-920-7400.
Patients and Families
For more information about Montefiore's Department of Neurological Surgery,
please contact us at 718-920-7400.