Our multidisciplinary approach ensures the best patient outcomes while reducing treatment time and stress on patients.
We take a multidisciplinary, holistic approach to treat the full range of degenerative, traumatic, oncologic, vascular and congenital conditions of the spine. We treat the entire patient, listening to his or her concerns and consulting across a variety of disciplines to find the appropriate decompression surgery and/or spine reconstruction path that meets his or her needs.
With an all-in-one location, we deliver more than patient convenience. Our center allows patients to be evaluated by a close-knit group of specialists in neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, rehabilitation medicine and pain management to ensure the creation of the optimal and least invasive treatment plan. Your Montefiore Comprehensive Spine Center team is committed to working together to realize the best patient outcomes.
Specialization for Patient Care
We encourage each surgeon in our program to have an area of specific specialization, focus and interest within the discipline of spinal surgery, often referred to as subspecialization. This expertise spans nerve and spinal cord compression syndromes, peripheral nerve entrapment, intradural spine and nerve sheath tumors, tumors affecting the spinal column and scoliotic deformities of the spine.
We have brought together a multidisciplinary team driven to advance the health outcomes and options available to our patients.
Neurosurgical Team Leader
Neurology: Jacob R. Hascalovici, MD
Conditions We Treat
Our multidisciplinary Spine Center team treats a vast spectrum of conditions, a selection of which you will find listed below. In addition to these, we have experience in treating many other conditions. Please contact us today to schedule a consultation so that we can review and discuss your specific healthcare needs.
- Cancer pain
- Cavernous malformation
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Congenital malformation
- Degenerative spine disease
- Disc herniation
- Metastatic tumors
- Muscle-related lower back pain
- Muscle-related neck pain
- Nerve entrapment syndromes
- Neuropathic pain
- Osteoarthritis of the spine and joints
- Pelvic pain
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Spina bifida
- Spinal cord injury spasticity and pain
- Spinal dural arteriovenous fistula
- Spinal stenosis
- Spine fractures
- Spine tumors
- Tethered spinal cord syndrome
Treatments We Offer
Treatment plans are designed to maximize our patients’ care, returning them to health as quickly as possible. For those seeking further information, we have included a few examples of the surgical and nonsurgical treatments we offer at the Montefiore Comprehensive Spine Center.
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Spinal cord stimulator
- Spinal fusion
- Spinal stabilization
- Caudal epidural steroid injection
- Cervical epidural steroid injection
- Cervical facet intra-articular injections
- Diagnostic cervical and lumbar medial branch block
- Epidural adhesiolysis
- Genicular nerve block
- Hip steroid injections
- Lumbar interlaminar epidural steroid injection
- Lumbar facet intra-articular injections
- Lumbar sympathetic blocks
- Lumbar transforaminal epidural steroid injection
- Radiofrequency ablations of the cervical and lumbar medial branches
- Sacroiliac joint injection
- Spinal cord stimulator trials
- Stellate ganglion blocks
- Sympathetic nerve block
- Thoracic epidural steroid injection
- Thoracic facet intra-articular injections
Montefiore embraces a collaborative approach.
For patient referrals or consultations,
please contact us at 718-920-7400.
Patients and Families
For more information about Montefiore's Department of Neurological Surgery,
please contact us at 718-920-7400.