The Montefiore Department of Neurological Surgery continues to remain open during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are available for expert consultation in all fields of neurological surgery including cerebrovascular, epilepsy, functional, pediatrics, tumor, and spine. To assist us in serving our patients’ needs, we are conducting telehealth appointments by phone or doctor video visits through the Montefiore MyChart app. You can schedule a doctor video visit if appropriate.
Doctor video visits offer the convenience of face-to-face video visits with Montefiore doctors, from anywhere, on any device. They are a part of our ongoing commitment to provide access to state-of-the-art healthcare in ways that work best for our patients.
Doctor video visits are convenient and easy to schedule.
Doctor video visits are available for any adult or child.
- Start by calling the Montefiore Department of Neurological Surgery at 718-920-7400 to determine if a video visit is appropriate.
- If a video visit is appropriate, your appointment will be scheduled within minutes.
- You’ll receive an email to confirm your visit.
- Download and launch the Montefiore MyChart app on your IOS or Android device.
You can also log in using your desktop/laptop via mychart.montefiore.org.
- You can join your video visit up to 15 minutes before your appointment, and your doctor will join you at the scheduled time. Your visit will conveniently take place on your desktop, laptop, or mobile device from home or any place you may be. You can be assured that any information shared between you and your doctor will continue to be safe and secure. When you are ready for your appointment:
- Log in to your MyChart account
- Click on the visit alert link on the Welcome page screen to quickly jump into the video visit – OR – view your appointments in the Visits tab and select Details within the visit
- Read Visit Instructions
- Click Begin Video Visit and Check-in.
Doctor video visits through Montefiore are available on any device, via app or computer using Google Chrome or Firefox browsers. Your computer needs to have a working web camera, microphone, speakers and a high-speed internet connection. Headphones are recommended.