730 Brook Avenue
Bronx, NY 10455
How to Reach Us
Our office phones are answered 24 hours a day. To make an appointment or to reach us, please call:
Hours of Operation
Monday and Wednesday: 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Tuesday and Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Two Saturdays a Month: 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Specialties: Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology
Jacqueline Richardson, Administrator
Sheila Alas Hun, MD, Medical Director
About Montefiore Medical Group Via Verde
At Montefiore Medical Group, we work together with our patients to achieve and maintain their good health. Every patient receives a comprehensive evaluation and has an individualized medical team dedicated to his or her care. Our patients become our partners in their own care.
- Adult Psychiatrist
- Health Educator
- Licensed Practical
- Nurses (LPNs)
- Nurse Practitioners (NPs)
- Patient Service Representatives
- Pediatric Psychologist
We welcome most insurance plans. We also offer a sliding-fee scale for patients who are uninsured. If you do not have medical insurance, we will help you find the coverage that is most appropriate for you.
Making It Easier for You
We want you to have a positive experience as a patient of Montefiore. We offer:
- Convenient hours
- On-site laboratory services
- Referrals to home healthcare when necessary
- Translation services in multiple languages
As a partner with your healthcare team, there is a lot you can do to be active in your care. Here is a checklist to help you:
- Be honest with everyone on your care team about your medical history.
- Bring a list of all your health questions. Put the questions that are most important to you at the top.
- Bring a trusted family member or friend with you to help listen as your healthcare team explains your condition and your treatment plan.
- Bring a list of all medicines, vitamins and herbal supplements you take to every appointment.
- Tell your healthcare team about any other healthcare providers you see so we can include them on your team.
- Learn about your conditions, treatments and any medical tests you will be getting so you can ask questions or address concerns you have with your healthcare team.
- You are the center of your healthcare team. Work with your team to develop and follow a care plan that’s best for you. Ask questions, be honest about what does and does not work for you in your plan, and make suggestions about what might work better for you.
- Do your best to keep scheduled appointments, and call to reschedule or cancel as early as possible.
Montefiore Medical Group
Montefiore Medical Group (MMG) has been providing exceptional healthcare services to families since 1947. Both our primary care doctors and world-renowned specialists treat the unique needs of children and adults at more than 20 convenient locations throughout the Bronx and Westchester County.
When you choose an MMG doctor, you also gain access to Montefiore and its extensive range of primary and specialty healthcare services for your entire family.
Montefiore offers best-in-class comprehensive patient-centered care in a compassionate environment that also includes leading-edge specialization. Our specialists offer a full range of care for complex and rare diseases, including cardiology, cancer, tissue and organ transplantation, women’s health, surgery and surgical subspecialties.