Astor Avenue Pediatrics
1500 Astor Avenue
Bronx, NY 10469
Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday (Open the first, second and third Saturday of the month): 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Jean Walsh, Administrator
Alexander Tzavaras, MD, Medical Director
About Montefiore Medical Group Astor Avenue Pediatrics
At Montefiore Medical Group Astor Avenue Pediatrics, we work together with our patients to achieve and maintain their good health. Every patient receives a comprehensive evaluation and has an individualized medical team dedicated to his or her care. Our patients and their parents or guardians become our partners in their own care.
- Behavioral Health Specialist
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs)
- Patient Service Representatives
We welcome most insurance plans. We also offer a sliding-fee scale for patients who are uninsured. If you do not have medical insurance, we will help you find the coverage that is most appropriate for you.
Making It Easier for You
We want you to have a positive experience as a Montefiore Medical Group patient. We offer:
- Easy accessibility by car, bus or subway
- On-site parking
- Convenient hours
- As a partner with your healthcare team, there is a lot you can do to be active in your care. Here is a checklist to help you:
- Be honest with everyone on your child’s care team about his or her medical history.
- Bring a list of all your questions about your child’s health. Put the questions that are most important to you at the top.
- Bring a list of all medicines, vitamins and herbal supplements your child takes to every appointment.
- Tell your healthcare team about any other care providers your child sees so we can include them on your child’s healthcare team.
- Learn about your child’s conditions, treatments and any medical tests your child will be getting so you can ask questions or address concerns you have with your child’s healthcare team.
- You are the center of your child’s healthcare team. Work with the team to develop and follow a care plan that’s best for you and your child. Ask questions, be honest about what does and does not work in the plan, and make suggestions about what might work better.
- Do your best to keep scheduled appointments, and call to reschedule or cancel as early as possible.
Montefiore Medical Group
Montefiore Medical Group (MMG) has been providing exceptional healthcare services to families since 1947. Both our primary care doctors and world-renowned specialists treat the unique needs of children and adults at more than 20 convenient locations throughout the Bronx and Westchester County.
When you choose an MMG doctor, you also gain access to Montefiore and its extensive range of primary and specialty healthcare services for your entire family.
Montefiore offers state-of-the-art care in a compassionate environment, and Children’s Hospital at Montefiore is consistently ranked as a top hospital in U.S. News & World Report.
- Test Page
- Astor Avenue Pediatrics
- Bronx East
- Castle Hill Family Practice
- Co-op City (Bartow)
- Co-op City (Dreiser Loop)
- Comprehensive Family Care Center (CFCC)
- Comprehensive Health Care Center
- Cross County
- Eastchester (Westchester County)
- Family Care Center (FCC)
- Family Health Center
- Family Health and Wellness Center
- Fordham Family Practice (FFP)
- Grand Concourse
- Greene Medical Arts Pavilion
- Marble Hill Family Practice (MHFP)
- University Avenue Family Practice
- Urgent Care
- Via Verde
- Wakefield Ambulatory Care Center
- West Farms Family Practice
- Williamsbridge Family Practice