What is a Specialty Pharmacy? What is unique about Montefiore’s Specialty Pharmacy?
A Specialty Pharmacy supports patients who are being treated for complex conditions and assists with everything from obtaining financial assistance, to navigating through your insurance benefits, coordinating with your providers, and managing your refills. Montefiore Specialty Pharmacy patient liaisons will work with your doctor’s office to help alleviate the stress of managing your medication so you can focus on what really matters — enjoying life.
Our experienced group of pharmacy specialists are tightly integrated with your clinical care team.
- Dedicated liaisons and clinical pharmacists are there to support you every step of the way; managing the treatment of many complex, rare and chronic disease, that include:
- Hemophilia Blood Products
- Hepatitis C
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Human Immune Deficiency Virus (HIV)
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)
- Crohn’s Disease
- Hepatitis B
- Our pharmacists monitor your treatment therapy for adherence, nutrition, drug interaction, side effects, and refills. Additional information may be found at The National Institutes of Health, which has an informative and searchable portal that has comprehensive information on medications. Click here to visit the NIH Drug Information Portal.
- Montefiore’s specialty pharmacy is the only fully-integrated specialty pharmacy solution working in full collaboration with your physician and clinical care team.
- We provide a comprehensive pharmacy care model, coordinating and filling all of your medication needs, including all of your non-specialty medications.
- Our Specialty Pharmacy has dedicated liaisons to help identify and obtain patient financial assistance services and programs.
- Montefiore provides free language assistance to patients whose primary languages are not English or for those who are visually/hearing impaired. Patients may call us at 718-920-4934 and we will connect them with translation services.
- Delivery for all medications, at no extra cost.
With a Net Promoter Score of 85, our care is considered world-class.
Average Copay Below $10
Never pay more than you have to with our affordable copays.
92% Adherence Rate
We help you take the right dose of the right drug, at the right time.
On Demand Delivery
Receive prescriptions when you need them, at no extra cost.