Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Salary and Benefits
|PGY1 ||$58,900 |
|PGY2 ||$60,900 |
|PGY3 ||$65,700 |
|PGY4 ||$68,000 |
|PGY4-Chief ||$72,000 |
- 20 vacation days, 12 sick days, 8 hospital holidays.
- 5 conference days; funding is available if you are presenting your work.
- Educational resource allowance of $500.00 per year, which can be used toward purchasing textbooks, software, PDA devices, iPhones, iPads, e-readers, payment of professional society membership dues, etc.
- $16.85 per day to supplement the cost of meals. Can be used at Montefiore’s many cafeterias, cafes, and at the farmer’s market in the summer.
- Subsidized housing in Montefiore apartment buildings may be available (Note: demand currently exceeds supply, so housing cannot be guaranteed).
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, with a variety of program choices.
- PGY3/PGY4 residents have their own offices with computers and high-speed Internet access during their outpatient rotations; office space and computers with high-speed Internet access are readily available during all other rotations.
- Residents have full use of Montefiore and Albert Einstein College of Medicine libraries, including free interlibrary loan and online access to full-text journals and e-books.
- Residents have access to our large audio/visual library of psychiatry training materials and digital audio and video recording equipment.