Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Stipend and Benefits
|Interns, fellows, and faculty outside the Bronx County Historical Society's Museum of Bronx History during a walking tour of the Bronx
For Internship Year 2019-2020
- Current stipend is $42,900 per year
- 20 vacation days, 12 sick days, 8 hospital holidays
- Up to 5 conference days and up to $2000 conference support (if presenting)
- Educational resource allowance of $500, which can be used toward purchasing textbooks, software, PDA devices, iPhones, iPads, e-readers, payment of professional society membership dues, etc.
- $16.85/day (x6 days/week) to supplement the cost of meals
- Subsidized housing in Montefiore apartment buildings (Note: demand currently exceeds supply, so housing cannot be guaranteed).
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, with a variety of program choices
- Interns have their own offices with computers and high-speed Internet access during their outpatient rotations; office space and computers with high-speed Internet access are readily available during all other rotations
- Interns are assigned a Montefiore (Microsoft Outlook) email address
- Interns are given voicemail-equipped pagers with nation-wide coverage
- Interns have full use of Montefiore and Albert Einstein College of Medicine libraries, including free interlibrary loan and online access to full-text journals, e-books, and streaming videos
- Interns have access to our large audio/visual library of psychology training materials and digital audio and video recording equipment