Diabetes, Hormones & Metabolism (Endocrinology)
Diabetes Prevention and Management Tips
Now’s a great time to make a solid plan to do and be better with diabetes prevention and management. The first important step is to get reliable information that can help you change your outlook and overall health in the months ahead.
This Diabetes Awareness Month, we have the tips, tools and tactics needed to learn how to manage your diabetes and prevent further health problems.
Explore the resources below to begin your diabetes health journey.
- What Is Prediabetes?
- What Is Type 2 Diabetes?
- What Is Type 1 Diabetes?
Diabetes: Facts Versus Fiction
Diabetes and Exercise
- Exercise Recommendations from the American Diabetes Association
- Blood Glucose and Exercise
- Exercising with Diabetes Complications
- Injury-Free Exercise: 11 Quick Safety Tips
Food and Nutrition
- Making Healthy Food Choices
- Diabetes Superfoods
- Diabetes: Eating Low-Glycemic Foods
- Diabetes in Children: Food Issues at School
- Carbohydrate Foods
Children’s Hospital at Montefiore Diabetes (CHAM) Resources
- Health and Wellness Newsletters
- Nutrition Resources
- Patient Guide: Managing Your Diabetes: Working with Your Health Team at CHAM [Read the English Guide] AND [Guía en Español]