Patients & Visitors
We ask visitors to follow these guidelines to ensure that the patient environment remains safe, calm and supportive of healing.
- Plan to visit during visiting hours.
- Please cooperate with all requests from hospital staff. There may be times when visitors are asked to temporarily leave a patient's room or change locations while a patient is being attended to. However, visitation will never be denied based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical appearance or disability.
- No smoking.
- Safeguard your valuables, such as purses.
- Protect and respect the privacy of all patients.
- Be sensitive to the patient's condition (and their roommate's) and limit the visit accordingly.
- Speak quietly and help limit noise.
- Do not bring any electrical appliance into the hospital.
- Check whether cell phone use is permitted in your area, as they may interfere with medical equipment.
- Follow staff instructions in times of emergency or special alert.
- Be aware that Montefiore Medical Center reserves the right to inspect bags and packages being brought into or removed from one of its hospitals.