Our Teaching Philosophy
Take the Diagnostic and Integrated Interventional Radiology Residency & Fellowship Programs Virtual Tour
See why so many applicants choose Montefiore-Einstein
Resident education is at the heart of the Department of Radiology's mission. We extensively train top-flight radiologists who are fully prepared to meet the evolving needs of patients and referring clinicians. We believe in a culture of respect for our trainees, provide a nurturing learning environment and offer feedback to residents. We believe our residents are mature professionals who are entrusted to engage in learning activities which promote their own, individual growth.
Our residents graduate fully trained and begin fellowships prepared to work independently. To this end, we offer exceptional learning experiences at work and in the classroom.
- CONFERENCES: We exceed ACGME expectations for resident conference time, offering 2½ hours of daily protected learning time. Faculty members from all subdivisions lead our conferences.
- CURRICULUM: Our comprehensive curriculum includes both didactic and daily case-based conferences. Dedicated training in imaging physics, research methodology, radiology-pathology correlation and business economics help round out a training program designed to groom our radiologists to become expert physicians and future leaders.
- WORKSTATION: Teaching at the workstation is a fundamental aspect of all clinical rotations. Residents work one-on-one with expert faculty members, who are given the time and resources to create an environment that places teaching first.
- FEEDBACK: Feedback is at the cornerstone of our educational program, including one-on-one feedback from individual faculty members, end-of-rotation summaries and summative semiannual assessment, which incorporates all aspects of resident performance and engagement.
- ENVIRONMENT: Residents train in a collegial environment that fosters learning. An atmosphere of collegiality encourages residents to ask questions of faculty, share their knowledge, and mentor both junior residents and medical students.
- Diagnostic Radiology Residency
- Interventional Radiology Residency
- Nuclear Medicine Residency
- Fellowship Programs
- Medical Student Education
- Grand Rounds