COVID-19 UPDATE: All elective surgeries and procedures are cancelled until further notice. Please see our latest visitor policy. If you think you may have been exposed or have symptoms, please call your provider before visiting one of our locations. For more information, please visit our online COVID-19 Information Center or call the Montefiore-Einstein COVID-19 Hotline: 1-844-444-CV19 (1-844-444-2819).

ACTUALIZACIÓN SOBRE EL COVID-19: Todas las cirugías y operaciones quedan canceladas hasta nuevo aviso. Lea nuestras nuevas normas para visitas. Si cree que podría haber estado en contacto con la enfermedad o si presenta síntomas, por favor llame a su proveedor antes de acudir a cualquiera de nuestros centros. Más información en nuestro Centro de Información en Línea sobre el COVID-19 o llamando a la línea informativa Montefiore-Einstein de COVID-19: 1-844-444-CV19 (1-844-444-2819).

FAQ For Patients
Home >  Clinical Services >  Home Care >  Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) >  FAQ For Patients

Home Care

FAQ For Patients

Who can get home care services?

Any patient who is in need of skilled services such as nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy or speech therapy. These needs may arise at the time of transition from the hospital or nursing home, during an exacerbation of a chronic condition or in association with a new diagnosis or illness.

How can I get referred to Montefiore Home Care?

To be referred to the Montefiore Home Care Program, please call our nursing liaisons in our Central Intake Department at 718-405-4800. Your physician and/or family member can also call on your behalf. If your physician is associated with Montefiore Medical Center, he/she can make a referral through the Carecast Network.

How soon will a nurse or therapist to come to my home?

Our Central Intake Department receives the referral, a nurse or therapist will call you to schedule an appointment. This first visit is considered an evaluation visit and the nurse/therapist will assess your needs in the home, gather clinical information and confirm which medications you are taking. The nurse and/or therapist will discuss the evaluation with your physician to ensure that he/she is in agreement with the plan of care.

What Insurance does Montefiore Home Care accept?

We accept Medicare, Medicaid, CMO, private insurances, and private pay. We also provide financial aid for those who qualify.