Services and Treatments
Preparing for an Appointment
Providing convenient, reliable appointment services is our priority at Tarrytown Cardiology Associates. Whether a patient is scheduling a diagnostic test or a consultation, our staff responds promptly to all appointment requests.
Scheduling Diagnostic and Testing Services
Before making an appointment:
- Check your insurance plans to ensure testing is covered
- Complete the new patient form online and print a copy to bring with you to the appointment
Bring to Your Appointment
Please bring the following items to appointments with a Montefiore Medical Center cardiologist:
- Appointment information
- Name of primary care doctor
- Name and telephone number of referring physicianInsurance cards
- Medical or personal records (prior lab tests)
- A list of questions you may have for the physician
- New patient form (available online)
- A referral form from your insurance company or doctor
Preparing for an Echocardiogram or Nuclear Cardiogram
Before your echocardiogram or nuclear cardiogram:
- Avoid solid food or caffeine within six hours of the scan and take oral fluids to avoid dehydration. Contact the office for specific instruction pertaining to medications.
- Learn more about your risk factors – they are different for men and women.
- Inform your doctor of any medications you take; if you have health conditions such as diabetes, knee or hip problems, arthritis, asthma or chronic lung disease; of any history of stroke or vascular disease of the leg; and if you are pregnant or a nursing mother.