Certification and Licensure
Montefiore provides all residents and fellows with the opportunity to receive Basic Life Support and Advanced Life Support training.
Basic Life Support (BLS)
To register for BLS please follow the steps below:
- Visit https://www.healthstream.com/hlc/login/dir.aspx?montefiore
- Enter EZID as your UserID and your birthday as your password
- Go to Catalog and then open the Cardiac Life Support folder
- All classes are free for Montefiore Associates
Classes are held at three locations: Moses, North and Weiler Divisions.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
If ACLS is required by your department, please follow the steps below:
- Fill out a registration form
- Attach a copy of your current BCLS card/completion letter
- Montefiore Associates' fee is $175.00. If ACLS is not required for your job, you will have to pay the full cost. If it is required for you, your manager's signature is mandatory.
- Attach a copy of your current BCLS and ACLS cards/completion letter
- Montefiore Associates' fee is $125.00. If ACLS is not required for your job, you will have to pay the full cost. If it is required for you, your manager's signature is mandatory.
- Pay fee of $8.50 for American Heart Association ACLS card
- Pay required deposit upon registration; your check will be returned to you once you complete the class. Your check will be deposited if you do not attend or do not cancel at least 24 hours prior.
Registration closes one week prior to class date. All classes are held at North Central Bronx Hospital, 17th floor.
Deliver complete registration form including required documents to: Cardiac Life Support Office, 3331 Steuben Avenue, 3rd floor, 718-920-6345 or mail to: Montefiore, 111 East 210th Street, Bronx, NY 10467, attn: Denise Lewis, DEOD.
Residents and fellows are required to have either a license or limited permit to work in the following programs:
- All programs that are non-accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Sub-Specialties
- Physician Assistant Internship
- Effective January 1, 2010, a New York State full license or limited permit is not required for residents who are enrolled in an approved dentistry residency program. Dentistry residents are required to register with the New York State Department of Education within 60 days from the start of their residency program. Please note that under this new law only residents enrolled in residency programs which are currently approved by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) may practice without a limited permit.
- New York State limited permit to practice medicine is required for training in podiatry residency programs. Residents must apply for and obtain a limited permit before they can start training in a podiatry residency program.
To either view or check on the status of a license or limited permit, visit www.op.nysed.gov.
- Click on Online Services
- Click on the type of profession
- Enter last name, first name