Thank you for your interest in Montefiore Housing.
Please take a moment to review information on our process, policies and properties.
We ask that you read the frequently asked questions before applying. If you have a housing related question not addressed in this section, please contact the Housing office at 718-920-5088. If you have a question regarding your eligibility, please contact the House Staff office at 718-920-2341.
Please be aware that Housing is extremely limited and is not guaranteed to any applicant.
Housing at the properties listed on this page is reserved for House Staff enrolled in programs accredited by the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education and board accredited programs.
Below is a summary of the assignment process:
- We will accept applications beginning January 15. Applications submitted before this date will be deleted.
- Applications are due no later than May 1.*
(Applications received after May 1 will be considered without regard to distance or other assignment criteria and will be considered after applications that were received on time.)
- After reviewing information on the properties and our frequently asked questions, you can apply online by clicking HERE.
- Although the application is submitted online, you will still need to send notarized copies of marriage certificate (if applicable), children's birth certificate(s), and proof of current residence (e.g. Con Edison bill) to the House Staff Office at the following address: House Staff Office, Montefiore, 150 East 210th Street, Bronx, New York, 10467.
(Please reference your application number when sending correspondence relating to your application. You will receive an email with this number.)
- All notifications regarding your application will be made via email using the address submitted with your application.
- Prior to May 2, you will receive an email from House Staff confirming your eligibility (this does not mean you are assigned, only that you may be considered for housing.) You may also be notified if your required documentation has not been received.
- Prior to May 20, you will receive an email from the housing office with your assignment status. (You will either be assigned or placed on our wait list.)
- If you have been assigned a unit, your lease documents will be mailed no later than June 30.
- Assigned applicants will receive status updates via email through Move In day on July 1.
Montefiore I is a 12 story mixed use property centrally located to all campuses at 3411 Wayne Avenue, Bronx, New York, 10467. "Monte I" offers seven floors of affordable and comfortable living. Amenities include a laundry room, elevators and 24-hour guard service. Balconies are offered in some units, which range in size from studios to two bedrooms. All units are supplied with a refrigerator and gas range. More information.
This 28 story high rise offers central air conditioning, laundry facilities, high speed elevators and 24 hour guard service. Located directly across the street from Montefiore I at 3450 Wayne Avenue, Bronx, NY 10467, this property is conveniently located to all campuses. Apartment sizes range from studios to two bedrooms, all with very affordable rent which includes gas and electricity. All units offer balconies, a refrigerator and a gas range. More information.
Situated perfectly in the Bronx's most desirable neighborhood, the historic Riverdale district, and approximately seven minutes by car from the Moses campus, is Montefiore's Waldo Avenue Building, located at 3636 Waldo Avenue, Bronx, NY, 10463. These beautiful rentals offer fantastic amenities, including a large backyard for the use of all tenants, a laundry room and 24-hour guard service. All units are supplied with a refrigerator and gas range or countertop range. Most units include a dishwasher. Unit sizes range from studios to two bedrooms, many of which have balconies. Montefiore provides free door-to-door shuttle service to and from the Moses campus. More information.