Thank you for your interest in Montefiore Housing.
We will accept applications beginning April 1. Applications submitted before this date will be deleted.
Please take a moment to review information on our process, policies and properties.
We ask that you read the frequently asked questions before applying. If you have a housing related question not addressed in this section, please contact the Housing office at 718-920-5088. If you have a question regarding your eligibility, please contact the House Staff office at 718-920-2341.
Please be aware that Housing is extremely limited and is not guaranteed to any applicant.
Housing at the properties listed on this page is reserved for House Staff enrolled in programs accredited by the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education and board accredited programs.
Below is a summary of the assignment process:
- We will accept applications beginning April 1. Applications submitted before this date will be deleted.
- Applications are due no later than May 1.*
(Applications received after May 1 will be considered without regard to distance or other assignment criteria and will be considered after applications that were received on time.)
- After reviewing information on the properties and our frequently asked questions, you can apply online by clicking here.
- Although the application is submitted online, you will still need to send notarized copies of marriage certificate (if applicable), children's birth certificate(s), and proof of current residence (click here for accepted forms of residency verification) to the House Staff Office at the following address: House Staff Office, Montefiore, 150 East 210th Street, Bronx, New York, 10467. Fax number: 718-920-8403.
(Please reference your application number when sending correspondence relating to your application. You will receive an email with this number.)
- All notifications regarding your application will be made via email using the address submitted with your application.
- Prior to May 2, you will receive an email from House Staff confirming your eligibility (this does not mean you are assigned, only that you may be considered for housing.) You may also be notified if your required documentation has not been received.
- Prior to May 20, you will receive an email from the housing office with your assignment status. (You will either be assigned or placed on our wait list.)
- If you have been assigned a unit, your lease documents will be mailed no later than June 30.
- Assigned applicants will receive status updates via email through Move In day on July 1.
Montefiore I is a 12-story mixed use property, which is close to all campuses. Located at 3411 Wayne Avenue, Bronx, New York, 10467, Monte I offers four floors of affordable and comfortable housing. Amenities include a laundry room, elevators and 24-hour guard service. Balconies are offered in some units, which range in size from studios to two Bedrooms. All units are supplied with air conditioning, a refrigerator and gas range. Rent includes gas, but electricity is an additional fee. No pets are allowed. Housing units are not furnished. More information.
Montefiore II is located directly across the street from Montefiore I at 3450 Wayne Avenue, Bronx, NY 10467, This property is close to all campuses. This 28 story high rise offers air conditioning conditioning, laundry facilities, high-speed elevators and 24-hour guard service. Apartment sizes range from studios to two bedrooms.All units offer balconies, air conditioning, a refrigerator and a gas range. Electricity and gas are included in the montly rental charge. No pets are allowed. Housing units are not furnished. More information.
Montefiore's Waldo Avenue Building, located at 3636 Waldo Avenue, Bronx, NY, 10463. The building is situated perfectly in the Bronx's most desirable neighborhood, the historic Riverdale district. It is located approximately seven minutes by car from the Moses campus. These beautiful rentals offer fantastic amenities, including a large backyard for the use of all tenants, a laundry room and 24-hour guard services.
Apartment sizes range from studios to two bedrooms, most of which have balconies. Studio unit size varies widely at this property. All units are supplied offer air conditioning,, a refrigerator and gas range or countertop range. Most units are
supplied with a dishwasher. Heat and hot water are included in the rent. No pets are allowed. Housing units are not furnished.
Montefiore provides free door-to-door shuttle service, at select times, to and from the Moses campus. More information.