OB/GYN & Women's Health
NYS DOH Infertility Demonstration Project
Montefiore's Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Health has been selected to participate in the New York State Department of Health's Infertility Demonstration Project. This program provides financial support to eligible New York state residents for In Vitro Fertilization (IVF). The financial responsibilities to the patients vary based on guidelines provided by New York State regarding household income levels.
This program provides a unique opportunity to a number of patients to access IVF services they have been unable to afford in the past. However, each patient must meet specific financial, demographic and medical criteria.
- be 21-44 years of age
- be a New York State Resident
- have a 2007 combined household income of less than $200,000
- have commercial insurance coverage (Medicaid or Medicare recipients are not eligible)
- have a medical history which includes 4 cycles of ovulation induction with or without insemination unless there is a known tubal factor or severe male factor infertility.
Patients are ineligible for the program if they:
- have had 3 or more failed or cancelled IVF cycles
- have a high day 3 FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) or have a medical contraindication to pregnancy
- are Medicaid or Medicare recipients
This program covers most services associated with IVF; however, exclusions such as: donor egg fees, ovulation induction, general gynecological care, preimplantation genetic diagnosis, surgery, MESA, TESE, and PESA may apply.
Patients who meet these criteria and are interested or have questions about the NYS Infertility Demonstration Project should contact Sandra Edwards (Monday and Wednesday at 914-997-1060 - Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 718-405-8221). Once applications are reviewed, patients will be contacted regarding their eligibility.
Dine with the Experts
Montefiore's Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Health hosts "Dine with the Experts - an Evening of Informational Sessions with Infertility Specialists in Westchester," at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in White Plains, N.Y.
Discussion topics are:
- Donor eggs
- Male infertility
- Preimplanation genetics
- Multiple pregnancy and complications
- Mind-body medicine
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- FSH Levels
- Primary & Secondary Infertility
Please check back for future dates.
Ask the Experts
Need answers? Ask one of our physicians as they participate in the online Web Angels program for the American Infertility Association's message board (http://www.americaninfertility.org/ ). You can post questions on the message board and one of the following scheduled Web Angels will respond to your inquiries every Monday: Dr. Harry Lieman or Dr. Staci Pollack.