OB/GYN & Women's Health
The laboratory services at Montefiore's Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Health (MIRMH) span the full spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic testing and technology for the treatment of infertility. We are one of the leading laboratories in New York for andrology, embryology, and endocrine testing, delivering the highest possible quality and patient care. Our three laboratories, operating room, and recovery room are conveniently housed under one roof to minimize the wait time for results and offer patients the unique opportunity to interact with the lab staff directly.
Our board-certified experts provide patients with an education about the process, offer regular progress updates, and actively seek their feedback. It's important for patients to see the faces and hear the voices of those in the lab addressing their individual cases. This demystifies medical information, so patients are fully informed of tests correlating to their situation and have peace of mind knowing that the lab is part of the conversation.
Each year we conduct thousands of procedures and tests in our laboratories, and our team's top priority is safety on all levels of health, testing, and identity protection. We pool our vast resources, highly trained staff, and cutting edge research together, so that each woman may return home with a single, healthy baby. Many facilities boast high success rates; however, they may also carry high rates of multiples - often associated with risks. Hence the goal of one child is greatly underscored in all of our discussions, testing, and treatment.
MIRMH's laboratories undergo various inspections for quality assurance and quality control, and we exercise countless measures to ensure a safe environment. As a result, our laboratories carry the distinction of accreditation through compliance with regulatory agencies including: the New York State Department of Health, the Federal Drug Administration (FDA), and College of American Pathologists (CAP), which is the highest possible standard that can be applied to IVF labs. We are proud to have one of the most established fertility programs in the New York Metropolitan area, offering the following spectrum of andrology, embryology, and endocrine tests:
- Semen analysis (tests volume, viscosity, and pH, as well as sperm count, motility and morphology/shape to determine quality and quantity of sperm)
- Sperm washing for Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) (separates sperm from semen fluid for preparation to place into uterus)
- Sperm Cryopreservation for IUI/IVF backup (for infertile couples, those planning a vasectomy, and oncology patients
- Receipt and storage of cryopreserved donor sperm
- Sperm function/vitality testing (viability, quantitative fructose test to determine blockage or an azoospermic condition, and peroxidase stain to count white blood cells)
- Retrograde ejaculation and urine analysis
- State-of-the-art IVF and ICSI procedures in purest air possible to support fertilization and culture of embryos
- Blastocyst culture/embryo culture
- Freezing and storage of cryopreserved embryos
- Egg donation
- Egg cryopreservation and storage
- Egg activation
Endocrine Assay Services:
- Pregnancy tests
- DPC (analyzes hormones, such as estrogen and Leutinizing Hormone/LH)
- Fertility Profile 1 (blood test for T4, FSH, LH, Estradiol, and TSH)
- Fertility Profile 2 (blood test that measures Estradiol and Prolactin)