OB/GYN & Women's Health
Obstetrics and Gynecology
The Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology & Women's Health Services at Montefiore believes in building a relationship with our patients that can grow as they do, from adolescence through their senior years. Whatever the age or stage of a woman's life, we educate and care for all of our patients with exceptional skill and compassion.
We apply four decades of experience in treating each patient, along with the understanding that listening and explaining are integral parts of successful healthcare. We constantly strive to improve our knowledge of both women's health and prenatal care through a dedication to research and a commitment to training new experts at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Complete Care for All Ages and Needs
We provide a full range of basic OB and GYN services, including:
- Annual pelvic exam
- PAP smear
- HIV testing and treatment
- Treatment for urinary tract infections
- Treatment for sexually transmitted diseases
- Emergency contraception (the "morning after" pill)
- Birth control: condoms, birth control pills and patches, IUD, diaphragms, vaginal contraceptive rings, Norplant, Depo-Provera shots
- Permanent birth control: tubal ligation, non-operative Essure
- Breast care and biopsy
- Colposcopy (vaginal examination)
Our doctors are proud to draw on a thorough knowledge of the latest women's health and birth control options, often gained through their involvement with groundbreaking research in the field.
Easy Referrals to Other Montefiore Experts
The doctors and midwives in Women's Health Services have a close, collaborative relationship with many other specialties at Montefiore. We can connect our patients with outstanding experts for convenient, high quality care in specialized areas, such as the following:
- Infertility treatment, including in vitro fertilization
- Genetic testing and counseling
- Preconception testing
- High-risk obstetrics
- Group prenatal care
- Menopause care, including treatment for osteoporosis
- Urogynecology treatment for urinary incontinence
Seminars and Support Groups for Women
In addition to specific medical treatments at Montefiore, we offer a variety of seminars, support groups and ongoing education related to women's health. Two of our most successful programs:
Dine with the Experts, an annual dinner that brings infertility experts and prospective patients together for an informal Q&A session about infertility treatment. Specialized topics include male infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss.
Our women's health departments also provide patients with a wide array of printed educational materials.
We draw on all of these resources, as well as a skilled, caring staff of nurses, nurse practitioners and administrators, to provide women of all ages with complete OBGYN care in a relaxed and welcoming environment.