Professional Development for Long Term Care Workers
Montefiore offers a total of 20 hours of high-quality training by Registered Nurses for Long Term Care Workers in five distinct, comprehensive courses.
Click here to view or download a full course catalog and registration information.
Our program provides you with the maximum training flexibility.
- We can conduct training at your location
- You can decide how many of the 5 courses to offer at a time
- We offer full- or half-day training or evening sessions, 7 days a week
- You can choose the e-Learning option for your workers or a combination of in-person sessions and e-Learning modules
- We offer a Train-the-Trainer model, certifying home care agency nurse trainers to deliver the Montefiore WIO curriculum
- You can choose to have the training provided in a language appropriate your workforce, with training currently available in English, Spanish and Creole
We continuously monitor the effectiveness of our training by measuring trainee:
- knowledge of course content before and after training each course
- satisfaction with each course
- feedback on specific changes they will make in their practice as a result of each course
Montefiore WIO assigns a job developer to work with each partner to coordinate all the elements of the HHA training, including documentation, facilitation and logistical support. The job developer attends each training session and is available as a resource to the agency to assist in the recruitment of staff for WIO training as necessary.