Wakefield’s journey to Magnet®
We are elated to announce that the Montefiore-Einstein Medical Center Wakefield Campus is officially on the journey to Magnet® status.
Magnet® status is a prestigious recognition awarded through the American Nursing Credentialing Center. It is widely accepted as the gold standard for nursing excellence and high-quality patient care.
The standards that must be met to gain Magnet® status are rigorous. Currently, only 8% hospitals in the United States have achieved this designation.
The Importance of Magnet®
As a nurse in a Magnet® program you can look forward to:
- Support for growth through educational opportunities
- Professional advancement opportunities
- Enhanced interdisciplinary collaboration
- An environment that recognizes and rewards excellence in nursing
- A focus on professional autonomy encouraging decision making at bedside
- A structure that promotes unit and organizational decision making regarding clinical issues
- A culture that supports you to be the best nurse you can be!
Research shows that Magnet® hospitals have better patient outcomes including:
- Decreased mortality rates
- Increased patient satisfaction
- Shorter hospital stays
- Lower rates of hospital acquired infections
- Fewer pressure ulcers and falls among patients
At Montefiore’s Wakefield Campus, we strive to provide an exceptional patient care experience through our collaborative culture that places patients and families at the center of everything we do. Our Magnet status will amplify these attributes and strengthen the quality of our nursing program even more.
Irene Ondieki, DNP, NEA-BC, RN-BC
Clinical Director of Nursing, Wakefield Campus