Montefiore in the News
Montefiore and Einstein Investigators Present Research at 2014 AAP National Conference & Exhibition
Abstracts to be Presented Focus on Neonatal Lung Disease, Health IT in the NICU, Contraception, HIV/AIDS and Oral Health
NEW YORK (October 6, 2014) – Investigators at The Children's Hospital at Montefiore (CHAM) and Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University will present their latest research on neonatal lung disease, reducing wrong-patient errors in the NICU, hormonal contraception and more at the AAP Experience, the National Conference & Exhibition of the American Academy of Pediatrics. The AAP Experience will take place October 11-14 in San Diego, California.
Judy Aschner, M.D., F.A.A.P., physician-in-chief, CHAM, professor of pediatrics and Michael I. Cohen, M.D., University Chair, Einstein, will deliver the Gerald Merenstein Lecture, which is the keynote address of the AAP Section on Perinatal Pediatrics, titled, "Seeking New Therapies for Neonatal Lung Disease." It will be presented Friday, October 10, 5:15-6:00 p.m. at the Marriott Marquis, Marina Ballroom Salon D.
Oral presentations will include:
- Medical Use of Hormonal Contraception. Elizabeth Alderman, M.D., director, Pediatric Residency Program, fellowship director, Division of Adolescent Medicine, CHAM, professor of clinical pediatrics, Einstein. Sunday, October 12, 9-9:45 a.m. Marriott Marquis Marina Ballroom Salon D.
- Reducing Wrong-Patient Errors in the NICU through an Electronic Medical Record Identification Re-Entry Function. Jason Adelman, M.D., M.S., patient safety officer, Montefiore Medical Center, assistant professor of medicine, Einstein. Sunday, October 12, 9:30 a.m.
Poster presentations will include:
- The Healthy Smiles Project: Oral Health Core Clinical Competency Pilot Project. Jade Tan, M.D., attending physician, pediatrics, CHAM, Saturday, October 11, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Marriott Marquis Santa Rosa.
- Where Do We Start? A Baseline Assessment for Establishing Health Promoting Schools (HPS) in Rural China. Xinshu She, M.D., M.P.H., attending physician, pediatrics, CHAM, Sunday, October 12, 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Marriott Marquis Marriott Hall 4.
- Global Health Delivery Science: Applying the Care Delivery Value Framework to a Community Based HIV/AIDS Initiative in Togo, West Africa. Kevin Fiore, Jr., M.D., M.P.H., resident, Department of Family and Social Medicine, CHAM. Sunday, October 12, 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Marriott Marquis Marriott Hall 4.
- Effect of maternal attitudes on breast milk feedings for premature infants. M. Susan LaTuga, M.D., M.S.P.H., attending physician, Division of Neonatology, CHAM. Monday, October 13, 8 a.m.-3:15 p.m. Marriott Marquis Marriott Hall 1.
Einstein-Montefiore investigators are available to speak about their research and other topics of interest upon request.