Department of Pharmacy
The Department of Pharmacy provides a wide range of pharmaceutical services to four hospitals and an ambulatory care network. These services include:
- Clinical pharmacy services
- Satellite pharmacies in oncology, critical care and pediatrics
- Sterile and non-sterile production
- Investigational drug service
The pharmacy staff is comprised of pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, pharmacy interns, support personnel (clerical and stockworkers) and pharmacist managers including executive managers, operational managers, clinical pharmacy managers and 5 pharmacy residents.
Our department is dedicated to Pharmaceutical Care focused on achieving positive patient outcomes through drug therapy. This includes:
- Poviding high quality pharmaceutical services that foster the efficacy, safety, and cost-effectiveness of drug use;
- Srvicing the needs of our patients and staff by providing drug information to both patients and medical professionals;
- Eucating and training of future pharmacists by promoting teaching internships and residency programs;
- Ivolvement in cutting-edge scientific research programs, working to better understand how the human body functions and alleviating human diseases;
- Pomoting pharmacy as an essential component of the health-care team.
We offer services to the Moses, Einstein and Wakefield Campuses, the Children's Hospital at Montefiore (CHAM), as well as outpatients and emergency department patients.
Did You Know?
- The MMC Pharmacy dispensed over 2.3 million medications to hospitalized patients in 2012
- The Pharmacy at Montefiore boasts the first pharmacy residency in New York City (1968), a PGY1 program accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- The New York State Council of Health-system Pharmacists represents New York State pharmacists who practice in ambulatory, long term, managed, home and acute care settings. There are approximately 2,200 NYSCHP members along with a well-established network of leaders serving on the NYSCHP Board of Directors, NYSCHP committees and chapter officers in the eleven local chapters in NYS. Current Montefiore leaders have held leadership positions in the Council as well as other local, state and national pharmacy professional organizations.
- Pharmacists at Montefiore published almost 40 manuscripts, abstracts or poster presentations in 2012.