Family and Social Medicine
How to Apply
The Monte H.O.P. Program is open to the following:
- A graduating high school senior or college freshman/sophomore
- A U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
- A person considered economically or educationally disadvantaged and/or from groups considered underrepresented in the health industry
- Able to commute easily to all program/clinic sites (housing is not available)
- Commit to participate in all activities of the program on a daily basis
The 2014 Program Year
Orientation: June 30, 2014, 9 am - 5 pm
Program Length: June 30 through August 8, Monday through Friday (Click for sample schedule)
Class Length: Classes run from 8 am to 5 pm with some sessions running until 7 pm
Application Deadline: April 18, 2014*
Applicants are urged to submit all materials as soon as possible, as some slots may be filled prior to the deadline.
Please mail application materials to:
Department of Family & Social Medicine, 2nd Floor
3544 Jerome Avenue
Bronx, N.Y. 10467
Attention: Ms. Carol Whittaker, Program Manager
Application materials can also be emailed to Carol Whittaker at CWHITTAK@montefiore.org using the subject line: MonteHOP Application.
*All mailed applications must be postmarked by April 18, 2014 and all emailed applications must be sent by 11:59 p.m. on the due date.
Upon going through the applications, interviews will be scheduled in May 2014.
Students selected for the program must be processed through our Volunteer and Occupational Health departments (Click here for volunteer form). A stipend is provided, as funding is available.