The Healing Arts at Montefiore
The Healing Arts at Montefiore is a network of programs that uses the arts, creative arts therapies, integrative medicine, and other healing approaches to enhance the quality of life, health and well-being of Montefiore’s patients, associates and community.
Healing Arts initiatives work to further Montefiore’s strategic goals of providing high-quality, patient-centered care and producing superior patient satisfaction. As the largest healthcare provider in the Bronx, Montefiore is in a unique position to play a key role in enhancing quality of life among borough residents. Healing Arts programs are available in the Children’s Hospital, Oncology, Palliative Care, Rehabilitation Medicine, Psychiatry, and other departments to complement patient care by helping to reduce pain and other physical symptoms, provide comfort and enjoyment, promote self-expression, and enhance quality of life.
To learn more about the role of the Healing Arts in healthcare please visit What Are the Healing Arts?
Explore Our Programs
Our programs are designed to transform the hospital experience for patients, caregivers and associates. We invite you to explore our website and to learn about our work in the following areas:
- Visual Arts—Programs using painting, crafts, photography, and other visual media
- Literary Arts—Creative writing, narrative medicine and storytelling
- Integrative Medicine—Acupuncture, massage therapy, pet therapy, spiritual care, yoga, and other integrative approaches
- Creative Arts Therapy—Music, art and dance/movement therapies
- Associate and Caregiver Support—Relaxation and stress management resources, resources for self-care as a caregiver, loss and bereavement support for associates
- Healing Environment—Interior design and renovations, noise reduction, outdoor summer concerts
We invite you to share the spirit of the Healing Arts at Montefiore by visiting the following:
- Art Gallery—Highlights of artwork, murals and photographs from our programs
- Video Gallery—Interesting videos provide an in-depth view of our work
- Relaxation—Listen to online relaxation audio tracks or call our Relaxation Hotline 24 hours a day
- Upcoming Events—Learn about our upcoming presentations and events
We welcome your feedback on this site and invite you to contact us to share your thoughts.