Support Montefiore Einstein Breast Care Center
The future of breast cancer care holds much promise for Bronx patients and those far beyond with the creation of a new state-of-art Breast Care Center—thanks to supporters like you. Today, with the health and socioeconomic devastation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic as well as immensely reduced mammogram screening, addressing breast cancer is more urgent than ever. We hope you’ll join us in changing the course for cancer.
With leadership from Sheldon M. Feldman, MD, Chief, Division of Breast Surgery & Breast Surgical Oncology; Director, Montefiore Einstein Cancer Center, the Montefiore Einstein Breast Care Center (MEBCC) will stand as the new standard for patient-centered breast care through an exceptional multidisciplinary and coordinated care model. By combining diagnostic imaging services and personalized contact with breast cancer specialists and surgeons, our patients will benefit from the best care, every time—and do so in a space that fosters that goal.
Your contribution to the MEBCC will enable us to offer features like the following:
- Seamless care access in an ultra-modern, peaceful, and welcoming environment designed to foster patient-physician interaction and elevate the care experience
- Multidisciplinary team consultations and same-day combined appointments with breast cancer surgeons and plastic reconstructive surgeons; medical and radiation oncology; and genetics to determine the optimal individualized treatment plan
- Extended care hours
- Same-day diagnostic evaluations with mammography (using state-of-the-art 3D Tomosynthesis), ultrasound, and minimally invasive needle biopsy
- Access to our High-Risk Breast Cancer Surveillance and Prevention Program and our Genetics Program
- Concierge patient navigation to streamline and operationalize the care plan
- Opportunity to participate in innovative clinical trials
- Educational materials to help patients understand their options and achieve shared decision making with the treatment team
- Peer support with Bronx Oncology Living Daily volunteers, including holistic supportive services such as social work, nutrition, wellness programs, yoga, massage, acupuncture, and Reiki
- Lymphedema prevention and treatment expertise
Thank you for your interest in supporting the millions of individuals who face a breast cancer diagnosis. Through the MEBCC, we can—together—make breast cancer a disease of the past.