The Sir Moses Society
Sir Moses Montefiore (1784-1885) was a noted businessman and philanthropist. Born in Italy and raised in England, he became a wealthy man during his career, allowing him to devote his later years exclusively to helping others. Living to the age of 101, Sir Moses traveled widely, was actively involved in worthwhile causes, and gave extensively of his time as well as his fortune.
The Sir Moses Society honors those Montefiore donors who make annual, unrestricted gifts of $1,000 or more. We acknowledge their special dedication by offering a range of benefits through membership in the Society. Unrestricted support is crucial to the mission of Montefiore, as it allows us to designate funding to the areas that need it most. As medical priorities change, this type of funding gives Montefiore the flexibility to take advantage of the newest innovations in medical education, research and patient care.
When you become a member of the Sir Moses Society at any level, you will receive an attractive lapel pin and a certificate of appreciation. Additional benefits are available based on participation level described below.
Sir Moses Society Membership Levels
• Invitation to the annual Sir Moses Society cocktail reception, hosted by select senior staff
• Invitation to special lectures by Montefiore physicians, scientists and outside experts on a variety of topics
• A subscription to the Office of Development “Motivations” newsletter
• Invitation to select Montefiore special events
• Invitation to special Montefiore health screenings
Includes Friend benefits, plus:
• Memorial / Honor of gift naming (for gifts made that calendar year)
• Access to a Montefiore liaison
• Name on donor wall, in publications and on website (unless you prefer to remain anonymous)
Includes Fellow benefits, plus:
• Private Montefiore / Center of Excellence tour
Includes Ambassador benefits, plus:
• Private visit with a Department Chair or Division Chief
• Two tickets to the Montefiore Fall Wine Tasting event
Includes Guardian benefits, plus:
• Meeting with the President of Montefiore Medical Center
• Two tickets to the Celebrate Montefiore Gala
Sir Moses Society Donor Listings
Sir Moses Society - 2014 Members