Nursing at Montefiore
Integral Members of the Interdisciplinary Patient Care Team
Nurses are vital to all that we do; they embody the spirit of humanity, service, expertise and innovation that defines Montefiore and its focus on superior patient outcomes.
Montefiore employs nearly 3,000 nurses across more than 50 disciplines to assist in the provision of a full range of inpatient and outpatient services for adults and children. Our nurses practice in many different settings and circumstances. These include:
- Four acute-care hospitals and one free standing emergency department
- Long-term care and rehabilitation facilities
- Specialty and primary care ambulatory sites
- Homes, schools and community programs
Delivering Premium Care
To patients and their families, Montefiore nurses provide steadfast comfort and guidance. To the physician, Montefiore nurses are trusted colleagues who share a desire to meet the needs of our patients.
Nursing at Montefiore is grounded in an outcome-centered professional practice model that reflects:
- Exemplary evidence-based practice
- A spirit of innovation and inquiry, empowerment, autonomy and accountability.
Montefiore nurses are empowered to improve patient outcomes and deliver superlative patient care at every turn. We encourage responsibility, collegiality, pride in one’s work and willingness to look toward constructive collaboration in the workplace at every turn.
A Legacy of Caring, Commitment and Superior Outcomes
Nurses who join Montefiore choose a career, not a job. Studies have shown that stable practice environments allow nurses to provide better, more consistent and inspired care. This is certainly the case at Montefiore: our remarkably low nursing turnover rate is one reason why nurses choose to work at Montefiore over a host of other alternatives in the New York metropolitan area.
- Information for Referring Physicians
- Partnership with Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Residency and Fellowship Information
- Allied and Other Health Professionals Training
- Alumni Relations
- Nursing at Montefiore
- Continuing Medical Education
- Professional Development
- To Your Health! Associate Wellness
- Institute for Emergency Care Training
- Care Management at Montefiore
- Montefiore Einstein Center for Bioethics
- Montefiore IT
- Conflict of Interest Survey