Creating a Healing Environment: Inpatient Television Networks
GetWellNetwork, Children's Hospital at Montefiore
The Children's Hospital at Montefiore (CHAM) provides the GetWellNetwork® on all bedside televisions. This interactive patient care system engages children in learning and playing while in the hospital. Following an animated welcome video, children and family members can tailor the content to the patient's age, care and condition for a personalized experience and access features including:
- Information about CHAM including visiting hours, staff profiles, Child Life programming, dietary information, and patient care initiatives.
- Over 180 best-in-class pediatric patient education programs specifically designed for parents, children and teens, in partnership with KidsHealth®. Topics range from asthma and diabetes to tests and procedures to post-procedural care.
- On-demand access to the best in pediatric health and safety education videos and the latest, family-friendly Hollywood movies.
- Music, gaming and the ability to connect popular gaming consoles like Wii, Xbox and PlayStation.
- Internet, email, instant messaging and communication resources such as service requests.
Continuous Ambient Relaxation Environment (C.A.R.E.) Channel, Adult Divisions
Channel 70 on all patient televisions in Montefiore's adult divisions features the Continuous Ambient Relaxation Environment (C.A.R.E.) Channel, produced by Healing HealthCare Systems. This channel features 24-hour relaxation programming with circadian rhythm-based soothing music and nature images to help patients relax and sleep better.
For more information on the GetWellNetwork® at CHAM contact:
Meghan D. Kelly, MSEd, CCLS
Director, Phoebe H. Stein Child Life Program and GWN Explainer Program
The Children's Hospital at Montefiore
For more information on the C.A.R.E. Channel in the adult divisions contact:
Nicole Harris-Hollingsworth, EdD, CHES
Senior Director, Community and Population Health
Montefiore Medical Center